08 April 2007

Every time we ‘fail’, we are closer to real success

This early afternoon, I was a bit nervous; I knew an important delivery would take place to one of our key-customers. Last year, we had already some problems with our first deliveries with this customer, so my being nervous was quite reasonable.
This time, we prepared everything in detail and we were quite sure of a smooth final. Are we ever completely sure, we make our homework; we prepare things and just one thing pops up to destroy our whole ‘perfect plan’.

About 14.40, the phone rings announcing clouds on a blue sky. In other words, your perfect plan falls into pieces and all our energy and creatively is required to find immediate and accurate solutions.

First moment, you feel sad, disappointed, rage, you lost control, obviously none of these feelings help in finding solutions, but we recognize this too, do we ?
We must stop thinking that way and focus on what’s going well and things we can change and realize that we are just one step closer to real success.

Start seeing your non success as a step to come closer to real success and learn form it. Edison finally discovered the Wolfram lamp because; he had run of possibilities to fail.
Use humour to transform bad feelings (negative energy) into creative and massive energy. In other words from a good friend: from a problem state into a solution state.



Since I am writing this right know, I give myself the opportunity to look at this from different angles. All my negative feelings and especially the ones related to failure are melting away like snow for the sun. I am just one step closer to real success and it doesn’t matter anymore how close I was this time!
Love, work and live with passion,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home